King River Press is very excited to introduce our first course (click to view on Udemy): Presenting Family Folk History.
At present, we are only hosting it on Udemy. Once enrolled, you can join our Facebook Group: Presenting Family Folk History for extra support and lots of great ideas on how to present your family folk history.
- Collecting Myself
- Family Feature
- Magic Moments
- Photo Voice
- Heart to Heart
- Flexible, self-paced course.
- Total of 5 units.
- The assessment for each unit is a completed project.
- Choice of projects and how you wish to present them; tangible projects or digital presentations or a combination.
- Choose a mini project to a larger sized one.
- If you already have something in mind or have some unfinished projects, this is a great opportunity to inject them with new life and see them through to fruition.
- For personal enjoyment, an addition to your family history collection or gifts to share with loved ones.
Learn the meaning and importance of Family Folklore and how it relates to your Family History through our Finding Myself questionnaire. Use this knowledge to delve deeper into your Family Folk History and discover the more meaningful and nuanced aspects of it. The course consists of 5 Units; each unit has a video, accompanying lecture and includes downloadable templates that you can use to complete practical, easy and very achievable projects.
Those who take the course are certain to feel very surprised at the very rich Family Folk History that they themselves and other family members possess. You will learn how simple, subtle and generally unnoticed Folkways are a part of your everyday life and how you are the custodian and messenger of unique and invaluable Folk Knowledge. You will discover practical ways to document and pass down your Family Folklore to others.
There are no prerequisites for this course. You do not need an academic background to understand or complete it. If you have already done only a little or even plenty of research into your Family History, this course is a perfect add on as it goes beyond the Family Tree and basic details of each family member. It is self-paced and you will have lifetime access to the content. You can put in as little or as much time as you like. Your projects can be of a smaller or larger size depending on what you wish to focus on and the level of research and presentation time you have to put into it.